Monday, September 26, 2011

Welcome to LIMA :)

Hola todos!

Buenos Aires was fabulous but my time there finally reached its end.  It's amazing how fast 8 weeks flys by!  My program is already halfway over!  But, I'm super excited for Part Two of this dream I am living!  I've just arrived in LIMA, Peru!  And, so far?  I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS/OBSERVATIONS!
1.  Much more Latin American, a lot less European (than BsAs)
2.  The people are incredibly nice.  Latin hospitality at its finest.
3.  I'm realizing all over again (the first time was in CR) that throwing your toilet paper in the toilet is a hard habit to break...it goes in the trashcan here.
4.  The buses can be anything from a 9 passenger van (that they squeeze 20 people into) to a painted/decorated school bus and taxis can either be a taxi or a guy driving a three wheeler with a covered seat on the back (not recommended!).
5.  No worries about stepping in dog poop on the sidewalk (BsAs, you really need to learn to pick up after your dogs).
6.  Lots of fast food restaurants for being international - Pizza Hut, Papa John's, KFC, Burger King, McDonalds, and its not fast food but a Chilis, too!

SOOOOO MUCH MORE TO TELL!  This place is awesome!  Much more soon!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment