Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm addicted.

SO..if you were to ask if I am a fan of the food in Argentina...my answer without hesitation would be NO.  BUT, if you were to ask if I am a fan of the SWEETS in Argentina...we are talking about a completely different story.  Yes, I have already mentioned that I absolutely love alfajores...but this love is turning into an addiction.  I honestly have no idea what I will do when I leave for Peru or to come back to the U.S. and I don't have DULCE DE LECHE...mmmmmmm.  So most days on my way to school or on my way home I visit a little Panaderia/Confiteria with these wonderful sugar covered croissant filled with jam that I usually buy for breakfast and then my favorite little alfajoritos.  White chocolate ones are my favorite.  This is what happens:  I enter, happily anticipating my sweet little snack, and think to myself "I will buy some extras to take and keep at home for tonight or tomorrow or the next day..que bueno esta idea!"..and I leave the store with a bag of 6 alfajoritos and before I round the corner for school or make it home they somehow all disappear.  They never last long enough, I don't understand.  But I swear I am living off of sweets down here and I can't wait to try everything else in my little panaderia (this is just the one that I like to stop at...there is literally one on every block).  Picture it:  fresh croissants covered in sugar, powdered sugar, filled with jam, dipped in chocolate, cookies big and small with endless dulce de leche inside or on top..some rolled in coconut, nuts, muffins of the chocolate, glazed or fruit variety, cakes, cupcakes, the list goes on and on and on and I plan on trying them all! Que dulce mi vida en Buenos Aires!

2 comments:

  1. ¡No te preocupes, Audrey! There are alfajores in Perú also! They aren't as good, but you won't have to go cold turkey. As for dulce de leche, do you realize that they sell it in tubes (like toothpaste)? You may need to get some before you come back stateside so you can wean yourself off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. It's in Peru?! I am in trouble. It doesn't have to be as good. I'm not picky haha! May need to hit up a gym before this trip is over though!!

    ReplyDelete