Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I've Had The Time of My Life..

"I've Had the Time of My Life," the re-make by the Black Eyed Peas..it pretty much sums up my time in South America.  I can't believe it's over.  It's been an experience I will never ever forget!  How could I with as many pictures as I've taken?!  I'll forever be grateful to the people who were kind enough to support my travels through scholarships. Without my scholarships, none of this would have been possible and this past semester would have been very different.

Yesterday was my last day with the 3rd Grade Class at the school where I have been volunteering.  I am going to miss them all so much!  I got permission to take pictures so we had a mini photo shoot which they all loved.  They also gave me a Peru artisan vase with the name of the school and all of their names on it...I love it!!  That, a letter that one of the little girls gave me, and a couple of pictures they drew me, made my time spent there more than worth it.  I am wishing I had more days to spend with them.  They all assured me that one day when they make it to the United States they are going to come visit me! :)

AREN'T THEY AWESOME?! 
From Left to Right: Francisco, Karelia, Kimberly, Dean, and Abigail
and Miss Maritza in the back with me.  I love this picture!!!

Last night, I went to TGIFridays for dinner with some Peruvian friends...I feel so cool saying "Peruvian friends."

And today, I finished packing and just enjoyed my last day with my Peruvian family.  Miraculously, everything fits into my suitcases..they must be magic because I am going home with a lot more than I came with!  The taxi will be here at 10 in the morning...but I'm not heading home just yet!  Costa Rica is next on the agenda!  Time to visit my Tica Family and pick up my mom from the airport for a week at the beach!  See you in CR...PURA VIDA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment